Saturday 11 October 2014

Rediscovering hidden chests of treasure. (Sept 14th)

Recently, I’ve been going back to visit my asianfanfics account that I made in 2009. I haven’t been there regularly for almost three years due to academic priorities and co-curricular commitments and declining lack of interest in writing.


On the hunt 
Despite stepping out of the writing scene (in the fan fiction world), I’ve continued reading fan fictions, but I move from fandom to fandom. Right now, I am addicted to Dramione fan fictions, well-written with deep plots. After about a year or so of reading fantastically written novels, I thought ‘Hey, why not look back to my own fanfics?’ And so I did.


Finding the gold 
Honestly, the stories in my asianfanfics account aren’t very fantastic like the ones I read. Then again, the stories there are written by my younger self when I was going through the ups and downs of puberty hormones. I was a very kinky kid, and that is just putting it nicely.


Good treasure
But to be really frank, I have some really good ones, and I was a lucky author where I received plenty of positive comments. They swelled my heart and drove me to writing more. Reading my stories and the comments by the other readers make me smile tremendously and whenever I read an uncompleted one, I wonder why I never completed it and why I don’t intend to. 



Not so good treasure 
And then there are the bad ones. Well, these aren’t bad like they were written atrociously. Its bad in a sense where, I write about my deepest darkest dirtiest desires in my teenage years. (Just look at that intense alliteration.)


So yes, to answer that burning question in your head, I do write smut. Like really dirty smut. At the puny age of 16. I also wonder how I was so informed and knowledgeable of such things at such a young age. (I blame it on puberty.)



Continue
Don’t be offended, youngsters. If you’re 16 and you also write smut, if not dirtier smut, just continue living the dream. I certainly didn’t regret writing those during the stress of the impending doom called ‘O’ Levels. It helps to clear the mind… as ironic as it sounds.



Iceberg on sight
Like I mentioned before, I never regretted taking this path of writing fan fictions, smutty or not. They helped me to discover my passion for writing and to share my works with other people who share the same passion. I truly miss that feeling when I finally complete a story, especially a long chaptered one, but the writer’s block I have right now is immense so I opt to draw, sketch and paint my creative juices. Slowly but surely, I’ll hop on back to the bandwagon of writing. 



Come find my loot 
If you want to read my fanfics, you can click the link on the first line of this little post, or you can just fine me at joker_carpediem. I write mostly about the boybands Beast/B2ST, Big Bang, Infinite and B.A.P. I’m not as fanatic about them now, but I’m still loyal to their music. Aww yeah.


Do what you love, and love what you do. 


Thank you for reading this weird post. x

No comments:

Post a Comment