Friday 6 February 2015

My Top 10 Dramione Fan Fictions

Hey there! 

So the other day, I had a great conversation with a friend who was a huge Harry Potter fan, like me, only that she was a legit Potterhead because she read the books (and I haven't). But I introduced her some fanfictions that I was reading, which were mostly Dramione (Draco x Hermione) because that's my favourite heterosexual ship in the HP series.

As most would already know, or not know, I have been reading fanfictions for a reeeeaally long time - no joke, its 7 years now - and I've written some too. But recently, for the past year, I've been hooked onto Dramione fanfictions thanks to some pictures I stumbled upon on Tumblr (no surprise there) and got me thinking about all the possibilities with this pairing. Of course, I ship other pairings too, but nothing compares my love to this one.

So, anyways, we bonded over good talk and promised her that I'd compile all my fave Dramione fanfictions that I'd recommend to her soon, which took me quite a while, but it is here! 

Here are my top 10 Dramione fanfictions!

~~~

1) Crimson with a Silver Lining by Lady Cailan (M)

grangerenchanted.com
77 chapters
Genre: Tragedy/Romance
Summary: It is six years since the fall of the Ministry to Voldemort. Those other than purebloods are deemed less than human. When Ginny's daughter ends up in grave danger, Hermione sells herself to the Death Eaters to save her life. Not fluffy.
Link:
 https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7168800/1/Crimson-with-a-Silver-Lining

This is one of the best fan fictions I have ever read in my life, by far. It is a hefty read, to be really frank (I mean, 77 chapters?!) but every single chapter is worth every minute. It is so brilliantly written - the plot is deep and intricate, and you can clearly tell that the author, Lady Cailan, has put in a lot of effort in the characterization as well as plot depth. 

I must admit, I hesitated reading this story because of the warning in the first chapter, which states that this story is extremely dark and it has character death, etc. And at that point of time, I have only been reading happy and fluffy stories with maximum of 40 chapters, but eventually, I did it. And I did not regret it. Basically, its a risky commitment - to immerse in the dark alternate universe and character death - but its a great read as well to go through the entire journey, just like any other good novel out there. Props to Lady Cailan for this amazing work.


2) Broken by inadaze22 (M)

goodreads.com
36 chapters
Genre: Angst/Romance
Summary: He felt something close to pity for the woman in front of him. And while that disturbed Draco to no end, what really disgusted him most of all was the harrowing fact that someone or something had broken Hermione Granger's spirit beyond recognition.
Linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/4172243/1/Broken
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPhVbOUE2g

I cannot stress how much I love love love this genius piece of work. I loved every single minute reading this but I do have to admit that I was constantly in stress when reading, like I did in 'Crimson with a Silver Lining' - although 'Broken' wasn't that stressful.

Why I love this masterpiece? From the first paragraph of the first chapter of this story, I was hooked. Right from the start, the problem of the story was introduced and set in such a clear and vivid way and I was itching to know what exactly happened that made the situation so terrible at that point. But what I love the most is bit by bit, chapter by chapter, a little secret comes out and leaves me clinging for more, and while all that happens, Draco's and Hermione's relationship blossoms so beautifully - its just breathtaking.

One particular note that is pretty weird but I love about this novel is the fact that it turns the tables around - the 'Slytherins' are on the good side and the 'Gryffindors' are just plain nasty. So if you aren't into the whole shaming of the Gryffindors, you might not favour this story, but its such a fresh perspective of how things could have been if the situations were reversed. All in all, a great novel and I'll be rereading this work of art a million times.


3) The Fool, the Emperor and the Hanged Man by ianthe_waiting (MA/NC17)

goodreads.com
29 chapters
Genre: Suspense/Romance/Angst
Summary: Ten years after the fall of the Dark Lord, Hermione Granger leads a life of self-imposed obscurity, that is, until the day Headmistress McGonagall is murdered and a certain 'hero' is responsible.
Link: http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/viewstory.php?sid=1364
(this story is on many websites but you need to be a registered member, just google the title and the author and you can choose whichever websites but I used grangerenchanted)
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DErAdw-NdRI


Just like the first one, this piece of work is intricately designed and beautifully written. It is pretty dark and angst though, I must say, and from the summary aforementioned, there's a lot of bad-shaming on this particular 'hero'.


A small teeny tiny spoiler, if you have been reading fanfictions with the use of Time-Turners, this one will boggle your mind - a lot. I love it when authors incorporate the use of this magical device in their stories and when the plot flows smoothly, you know they did their research and hard work on planning it all out. This one in particular, raises the bar even higher than I thought possible for fanfic writers, I can't say why because I don't want to spoil you too much. But I would say that the Time-Turner is a very essential part of this beautiful story.


The writer has designed the plot so intricately and the development of the characters and their relationships are equally beautiful. I love this story to bits, but I must say I hated some parts because it was so unexpected and I didn't like it, but eventually I did see the reason behind why it was written in that way. I love it. Need I say more?


4) We Learned The Sea by luckei1 (M)

tumblr.net
37 chapters
Genre: Drama/Romance
Summary: Draco Malfoy turns himself in after a very successful career as a Death Eater, then enlists Harry and Hermione to help him in a scheme to bring down the Dark Lord. A story of forgiveness.
Link:
 https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3144908/1/We-Learned-the-Sea
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flOEAsAJww


Now this story is brilliant and wonderful because when you read the first chapter, you wouldn't expect the ending to be the way it is. Basically, this piece has many surprises waiting in store. 


What I love about this story too, is that Hermione still has her feisty attitude towards Draco from the beginning. Most Dramione fanfictions that I've read - that are post-Hogwarts - usually have Hermione naturally forgiving, or feisty just simply of pure childhood hatred. But in this story, there was a particular incident that made Hermione hate him even more.


But of course, like every other Dramione fan novel, Hermione soon learns to accept the feelings she bears for the man she utterly hates. This story warms my heart a lot because, as stated above, it is a story of forgiveness. :')


5) Heavy Lies the Crown by luckei1 (M)

dramionefanfiction.tumblr.com
36 chapters
Genre: Mystery/Romance
Summary: For seven years, Draco has carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and just when he thinks he'll be released, something happens that will make him seek help from the last person he could have imagined.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4797492/1/Heavy-Lies-the-Crown
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-G8XA6PrM


Now, this one isn't fancy schmancy like the previous ones. Its the basic Malfoy-turns-to-light agenda but then father-malfoy-tries-to-ruin-his-chances kinda story. This story has the same plot pattern like the ones above, in a way that right from the start, there are some secrets that are hidden and it hooks you right in to know why they're keeping it a secret. 


And along the way, a huge problem is brewing and its up to Draco to save the day, and the love of his life. Basically, who doesn't love a resenting Malfoy who tries to fight for what is right? 


And who doesn't love a Malfoy who fights for the woman he loves, am I right?



6) A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy by Countess of Abe (M)

miagainstheworld.wordpress.com
25 chapters
Genre: Romance/Drama
Summary: Draco loves his son more than anything in the world. So, when his ex-wife plans to take his son away, Draco asks the most unlikely person for help. Hermione must decide whether changing her entire life is worth helping the man she hates unconditionally.
Linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/3878384/1/A-Wonderful-Caricature-of-Intimacy
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb2ibx-qdFE


I absolutely fell in love with this masterpiece. I've read this two times already and I enjoyed every bit of it. First, spoiler alert, Hermione is in a profession that is similar to mine which I can relate to easily and if I weren't, I'd actually respect her choice of field. 


As stated in the summary, yes, Draco was married and now divorced, and yes, he has a son. And trust me when I say, spoiler alert, he is a wonderful, awesome father, and you will know why he is in the middle of the story. 


This is really fun to read because Hermione and Draco still bore their childhood hatred against each other, after all these years, and there were other kinds of comic relief as well in between. Then again, it is a heart-warming read to experience how their feelings evolve into love and care for each other, despite their insistent denial. Its a cute story, who wouldn't not read it?


7) Questions of Science by Countess of Abe (M)

tumblr.com
18 chapters
Genre: Romance
Summary: Hermione is living a content life working at St. Mungo's when an unexpected assignment from the chief of medicine sends her to the home of Draco Malfoy. What will happen to the pragmatic brunette as she explores what science cannot answer?
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3551218/1/Questions-of-Science


Okay, first, the above picture is not the fanfiction cover art, it is just a simple edit of Dramione I found on tumblr, which I thought suited the story very much. Second, would you agree with me that intelligent Hermione, who loves to prove every phenomenon with a science theory or fact, is kind of a turn on? Even for a girl?


I adored her when she always proves everything right and wrong with her knowledge, and I still do. And this fanfiction did that justice. Spoiler alert, Hermione is a Healer (I'm sure you must've figured that out by now) and that is my favourite post-Hogwarts Hermione character.


Alright, moving on, this story is utterly beautiful because Hermione has to commit to take care and treat of a person who Draco cares for (if you figured out who, a cookie for you!). Honestly, this is a very simple read. Nothing to dramatic like the first few. Its simple yet such a sweet and moving story. Like every Dramione fanfiction, they encounter multiple obstacles once they realized their feelings for each other, and that's what we're here for - to see how they conquer each challenge so that they can be together in the end.


In short, its a simple, short, sweet and snuggly read, for you 'fluff' seekers out there.


8) Redemption by anondracomalfoy (M)

tumblr.com
23 chapters
Genre: Romance/Mystery
Summary: Hermione works at St. Mungo's and the fourth floor has recently made a discovery and inadvertently retrieved her biggest regret - her lost and seemingly Obliviated husband, Draco Malfoy. Draco is forced to return to her, and strange things begin to occur.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7580458/1/Redemption


Now, don't you agree that the summary already entices you into the story? It did when I first found this story, and trust me when I say I got hooked right at the first chapter. I was constantly wondering why did Hermione obliviate Draco, who is apparently her husband? What made her do that? Did they have a fight? Did something happen that she doesn't want Draco to know?


Eventually, Draco will regain his memory piece by piece and it is a very heart-warming and lovely story of Draco and Hermione. Of course, it is a painful read from the start, especially if you have always been reading Dramione fanfics which usually starts off cute and awkward. But this one, it was a bitch slap in the face and you can't help but sympathize for Hermione, as well as Draco.


Oops that's a spoiler already. Go read and get hooked!


9) Isolation by Bex-chan (M)

meldmagazine.com.au
48 chapters
Genre: Romance/Angst
Summary: Post HBP. Ron and Harry are Horcrux hunting and Hermione has been left at Hogwarts to help the Order make it safe for the other students. Draco is forced by Snape to stay in Hogwarts for his own protection, but he can't leave the room he is given; Granger's room. Hermione is the only student trusted with this information, so her and Malfoy share the small space, and Draco tries to avoid insanity as he becomes increasingly isolated with only the Mudblood for company. Something's going to give...
(Mature content and themes, and explicit language)
Linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/6291747/1/Isolation
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fkjo580JE


This is one of my favourites to read. Its definitely the typical trap-Hermione-and-Draco-in-a-room-and-they-will-fall-in-love-with-each-other kinda story but its exciting because both Hermione and Draco still hate each other, despite their situations.


But what I love the most of this story, and most others who've read this would agree, is this particular part (this is not exactly a spoiler because it is part of the summary not stated above): 

"There," she spat. "Now your Blood's filthy too!" 
It is every Hermione Granger fan to see her stand up to the Malfoy heir and trust me, you will love her in this story. Draco too, but he has issues (like all other stories, not surprised there). So it is pretty evident the Slytherin prince and Gryffindor princess clash so bad, don't you wonder how they worked out in the end?


10) The Boy in the Hammock by galfoy (M)

graphicsgallery.deviantart.com
18 chapters
Genre: Romance/Adventures
Summary: Hermione tugged at the string holding the hood onto the boy's head, gingerly pulling the fabric back to reveal his face. Lying before her, barely recognizable beyond the swelling and the blood, but still very much himself, was Draco Malfoy.
Linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7232564/1/The-Boy-in-the-Hammock


This was a sweet yet dark one because it is still during the war, so you get the adrenaline rush right from the start. This story is pretty much the typical trap-Hermione-and-Draco-in-a-room-and-they-will-fall-in-love-with-each-other kinda story but with a twist, which I won't say. Of course there are many typical stories with twists in them but this one gave me a lot of fluffies and heart-warming feels that I had to mention it in my top 10.


I must add that this is one of my go-to stories that I would read when I have the urge to read some fluff, but not too fluff - a good balance between the bitter and the sweet. 


~~~


And those are my top 10 Dramione fanfictions. I hope it gave you the inspiration of what to read next. Maybe you are not a fan of fanfictions or maybe you just don't ship Dramione. Give any of these a go. I promise you, it will change your life (for the better, of course). 


Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day ahead.


Mischief managed,

Izzie xo



55 comments:

  1. You need to read draconian it's on wattpad and honestly the best dramione I have ever read!! Please read you won't regret it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes! It's so incredible and gripping and such a great and unique concept. Draconian and Isolation are my favourite Dramiones ever, pieces of actual, beautiful art.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you.........i love each of them so so so much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so agree with u... isolated and boken are my most fav though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone is looking for an opposite universe you must read "reverse" ,it's so good ,I didn't find myself intrigued at first but give it some time and you will be hooked ! It's definitely one of my favourite dramione fics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does this not have The Fallout? That is literally the best Dramione fanfic I have ever read, by FAR. And I've read a lot. There are others I adore that aren't on this list, but seriously, if you haven't - read The Fallout. It's LONG, and it's dark, but it's oh-so-worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED. I was just about to comment this same thing.

      Delete
    2. Delilah's black book of poems is pretty good too

      Delete
    3. Where can i find the fallout?

      Delete
  6. Read The Fallout. I'm not even joking when I say its actually a masterpiece. The intricacy, continuity, detail and character development is beyond belief. The writing is incredible. And it's the kind of story that lingers with you for years after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone remember the name for the Dramione fic in which Draco and Hermione accidentally end up travelling through time and multiple eras and fall in love, and are warned not to have sex, but they do it anyways and as a result their grandson kills hermione and it gets all time loopy until Draco gets it right? I've been looking for it forever because I want to reread it and it is the fic that brought me into Dramione (it was so amazingly written, that one and the one marriage law fic "A Dowry of A Single Galleon" that one was amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Time Will Tell
      http://dhr.accio.nu/rec/id:414

      Delete
  8. My favorite one is What The Room Requires by Alydia Rackham. It is an amazing Dramione fanfic that I cry during every time (I read it 3 times). Here is the link, I absolutely recommend it for anyone, even non-Dramione shippers
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6532581/1/What-the-Room-Requires

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read it on your recommendation! I loved it!

      Delete
    2. Omg I was about to comment this, it's such an incredible book and one of the first Dramiones I ever read. The character development and nostalgia is beautiful!

      Delete
    3. I was wondering when someone would recommend this Fanfic because the craftsmanship is totally mind boggling and to say that the development of the characters is utter beauty. This Fanfic was recommended to me and i enjoyed every second of it. So if you have read it go and read it now.

      Delete
    4. OMG! Yess. Loved it so much!

      Delete
    5. Fire and Ice by TheMourningMadame is also brilliant! It also has a sequel named Properly in Love! Its great!
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12762875/1/Fire-and-Ice

      Delete
  9. I wonder if you have read Draconian by Hepburnettes? But it has been unpublished because of plagiarism issues. I read that like hundred times and I could not think of another one that beats that darling piece. OMG it really breaks my heart it's gone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the list! I have recently started reading fanfics and I look forward to reading books you have recommended. I have read Isolation and Broken and I loved both of them (Although I have not read anything which is better than Isolation.) Another one from Isolation writer is "Hunted" and even that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Floris Floralis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's called Parade of the Sun. And it's AMAZING.

      Delete
  12. Anything by Sage/everythursday. My three favorites:
    The Fallout
    Parade of the Sun
    Finders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know where to read them? I haven't been able to find anything by Sage :(

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. If you scavenge a little you can find downloadable versions of all her stories. Hopefully when (if ever) Hawthorne&Vine comes back up the stories will come back with it

      Delete
  13. Court Cases and Cafes. Here's a shortened summary:

    Post-Hogwarts Hermione has bought Flourish and Blotts and turned it into the Nook Cafe, a place to check out or buy books, order some coffee or butterbeer, and just relax.
    Her relationship with Ron is going well. So well, Ginny reckons, he’s due to propose in the next few months.
    (Of course, Ginny Potter would know the signs, having been married last year and all.)
    In the days leading up to Sept. 1 (Hogwarts first day of school), her shop is flooded with old schoolmates and their children, new witches and wizards.
    On one such pleasantly busy day, she gets a visit from Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott.
    She has chatted a bit with Zabini in the past, as he frequents her cafe, but Hermione has not seen Theo since the Battle of Hogwarts.
    Nevertheless, the pair have an interesting proposition for her.

    Its got a lot of heavy stuff, so if you have baggage, be warned. there is a bunch of fluff as well, but the Dramione is a sloooow burn, and the story's pretty long.
    Still, please read it, it's soooooo good! It will be posted on FanFiction.com this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot get enough of What the room requires. I've read it multiple times and I still love it just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should really read cruel and beautiful world. I just love that. It’s magic on its own. I have read 5 times already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just love this one. I’ve read it many times. It made me fall for Draco!!! LOL

      Delete
  16. But...where is The Fallout?! Parade is the Sun is amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the list Izzie, I practically read and loved all the fan fiction's. I also suggest that people should read "To Love The Unlovely" by Lavender Leo, it is one of my personal fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. Crimson With A Silver Lining by lady cailan
    2. Broken by bex-chan
    3. Isolation by bex-chan
    4. Hunted by bex-chan
    5. Dragon's bride by rizzle
    6. Heavy Lies The Crown by luckei1
    7. Dangerous Desires by fortem
    8. The Queen's Knight by cleotheo
    9. The serpent by waterflower20
    10. There Was A Time by Casey-rochelle
    11. Aurelian by bittyblueeyes
    12. Simply Irresistible by bookworm1993
    13. Finding Hermione by ebookdragon
    14. Fate Has It's Ways by Starkidssftw
    15. Turncoat by elizaye
    16. A Wonderful Caricature by countess of abe
    17. His beautiful, haunting eyes by thecelarfloor
    18. Her sweet, decanted smile by thecelarfloor
    19. Devil's Deal by la diablesa
    20. Redemption by anondracomalfoy
    21. Femme fatale by cleotheo
    22. Static by galfoy
    23. Draconian by hepburnette
    24. Risk-Reward ratio by missiamphetamine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some more I left off that list by accident.

      25. Parade in the sun by everythursday
      26. The fallout by everythursday
      27. Switch by rzzmg

      I'll continue to update when U remember more.

      Delete
    2. ** when I remember more

      Delete
  19. SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE IS THE BEST. ON WATTPAD AND FANFICTION.NET. IVE READ IT LIKE 25 TIMES NOW AND STILL LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree with this.. It's best fanfic..

      Delete
  20. OH MY GOD, I've been searching for a good Dramione's fic bcs I really need the feels and thanks to your writing, now I've got a handful of fics to read. Guess I need to say goodbye to my social life since I won't be going out much because of this. Lol, anyway thank you so much!
    Lots of love from me

    ReplyDelete
  21. has anyone read A Wonderful Fortuitous love on WATTPAD? it's just an AMAZING piece of art!!!! one of the best dramoine fanfics I have ever read! I recommend it to all the dramoine lovers out there! SIMPLY ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read a lot dramione fanfiction here are some you may not of read before:

    - My Life As a House Elf by just call me Cappy
    This one is so simple and sweet. For someone looking for some light hearted romance, I highly recommend.

    - The Witness and the Wife by Marmalade Fever
    If you want to laugh and read some romance in between, this is an oldie but a goodie.

    - Five Days by RavieSnake
    Highly recommend this fic, for anyone looking for Draco/Hermione stuck together-with-no-way out-type-situation. This author's other works are great too.

    - Once More with Feeling by Kyonomiko
    Recently read this and could not put it down till it was finished. A true page turner.

    - Squirm by MrBenzedrine
    A very dark fic, but with such an intriguing plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - Love's Potion by lolagirl

      Seriously, how could I forget this one. Probably one of the funniest and cutest love potion dramione's I've ever read, multiple times. What I like about this one is that Draco and Hermione are very much in character. Draco's not all sweet and nice and Hermione is not a doormat.

      Delete
  23. 100% LOVE A Wonderful Fortuitous Love on Wattpad - so well written and I am so in love with the subtle character development and plot and how it played with my emotions. My all time fave fanfic so far (not just HP) and can see myself rereading it again and again x

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello, I wanted to ask a question, I'm looking for an 8-year drama fiction (I do not speak English) I do not remember much of fic, couples were draco / hermione; Luna / Theo; Blaise / Harry I remember a scene where Lucius and Draco wanted to give Hermione a potion to get pregnant but Narcissa stops them. And if I'm not mistaken, the epilogue deals with Ron's fate and how Hermione and Herry went to see him on his deathbed. please if you know that fic is I would appreciate it, I have been looking for it for months.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I’ve read most of the stories mentioned here, but my favorite story is still “Linked” by Philyra912. It is the best and I’m really schocked not seeing it here. Through chapters 18-24, I exactly felt like the times I was reading HP for the first time when I was 11. Some descriptions of Draco and Hermione’s emotions still make me cry and I’ve read the whole story 5 times or something.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh can I suggest my favorite "Aurelian"? I was hooked since the first chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite Author is cleotheo; I have fallen in love with her series "Children of the Dark", and her multiple trilogies.
    I also highly recommend reading her "A Rescue to Remember." It is a saucy one shot that I love.
    My favorite Dramione ever, of course, is "What the Room Requires" by Alydia Rackham, it is simply amazing.
    There is also "The Green Girl", by Colubrina.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love "Static" by galfoy and "Of the Sacrifices We Make" by LR Earl is amazing as well. Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think manacled by senlinyu needs to be on this list of top ten. It is one of the best dramione I have ever read. It keeps you on your tippy toes all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Replies
    1. has anyone read the ff where Draco saves Hermione from the prison but has to rape her and keep her as his "pet" so that dark lord doesn't get suspicious. Both of them are traumatized but they end up falling for each other and escape together.

      Delete
    2. I think it's Menacled im not sure

      Delete
  31. Please read "Manacled" it's an amazing fic and "The auction", they're the Best i've read recently

    ReplyDelete