Friday 27 February 2015

February Favourites

Hello there, sweet buns!

As you can already tell, this is my first ever monthly favourites post on this blog. I decided to start this series because I've nothing better to do. Okay, maybe not, but mainly its because I want to share some of the things I loved over the month(s) with other people. A word of warning: this may not be a regular thing - I might make it into a bi-monthly thing if I get busy/lazy.

But nevertheless, I'd love to see how this turns out in the future posts. I predict most of the things I'll be posting in my favourites will consist of mostly books, anime, games, some makeup products and more books. I'm a nerd, let's face it. 

Anyways, let's get the ball rollin'.

~~~

Books
The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi

I haven't read a book - a legit paperback book - for quite a while now, since I've been hooked onto fanfictions for the past couple of years or so. So I recently went to the library (library@orchard to be exact) and brought back some new books to try.

This is my first time trying thriller and I must say, I do not regret picking this book. Despite the never ending cliffhangers at the end of each chapter and the spooky chills when reading at night, its the best book I've read in a long time.


Carrisi did a wonderful job writing this book. It really gripped me from start till the end and there's no putting the book down. An amazing yet terrifying first leap into the thriller genre. Trust me: the plot in this story is hella good. A word of advice: if you're not a keen fan of murder stories and creepy psychopaths, you might wanna brace yourself for this. Especially if you're reading this at night, alone in your bed.

Games
League of Legends

Highlight of my February has to League of Legends. The amount of time I spent playing this game this month is ludicrous. It is safe to say I'm addicted to this game. I remember I promised myself to commit my time into playing Dragon Nest - which is a MMORPG that I actively played for the past 2 years - and I clearly remember saying that I will never be addicted to LoL. And here I am, playing my favourite champion Ashe every afternoon till night. What surprises life brings.

Makeup, Fashion & Beauty
Body chains

I'm not much of an accessorizer but recent;y, I've been wearing more jewelry. And I find it compliments my style very well because I tend to wear solid colour blocks and it tends to be a little too plain, so I pair my outfits with some jewelry. either a statement piece or the accessory piece I've been obsessed with recently: body chains.

I don't know how to emphasize the brilliance of this simple accessory. Its not a very striking piece but it covers most of your top outfit and makes it look more stylish than it originally is without bringing too much attention to it. I don't think I'm making sense.

You have your own taste about fashion - I believe everybody has their own unique styles. I love body chains right now because its a simple piece that adds a little more edge into a boring outfit. Love it!

EOS lip balms

Recently, my lips have been severely dry and I have no idea why. It could probably be the sudden change in the weather or the fact that I'm not drinking enough water. So what I've been using to help my parched lips is EOS lip balm, which are pretty popular. I found that they're really helpful - my lips stayed moist for more than 5 hours straight and for an entire day, I only had to reapply once or twice.

I wouldn't say that it healed my dry lips - I would need a formula that is much stronger - but it did its job in making sure my lips stay moist for most of the day.

Places
Books Actually

I recently have been visiting a lot of places with tons of books (libraries and bookstores, to be precise) and I've found an obsession for books, which actually makes me a bibliophile. Anyways, I have always wanted to visit this bookstore ever since I heard about it, and I finally found the chance. 

When you enter, you can feel the uniqueness of the bookstore. Its got this hippie independent feel and its filled with books you wouldn't normally find in an average bookstore. There's mostly books written by local writers and vintage items too. But guess what? I got those two bad boys for just $10! 


My best friend and I ventured further inside, behind the cashier, where they had some vintage gifts displayed and then that's where I found it: Secondhand Books selling at $5 each. I literally was squealing in delight at the entire bookshelf to these books, which were mostly in rather good condition. There were a lot of types of books but I chose these two because I have an insatiable curiosity and love for greek stuff and medieval fiction. 

If you're around the area, go visit this bookstore. If nothing fancies you in the main store, go to the back and maybe you'll find a precious gem among those dust bunnies.

~~~

That is the end of my February Favourites. Thank you for reading till the end. I owe you a cookie.
Till the next one, take care.

Izzie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment