Saturday 11 October 2014

A walk in the park.

Yellow. Red. Orange. Brown. Autumn’s here. 
White cotton candy clouds scattered across the bright blue sky as the sun rays filtered through the gaps, warming the ground beneath despite the cold weather. A light wind breezed by, swirling the leaves of warm hues littered all over the stone pathway and messing up my brown locks again.


Sweeping my hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear, I sipped on my still-warm Starbucks latte as I strolled down towards the other end of the park. I glanced down and watched the leaves float about around my brown knee-high boots, kicking the small piles and scattering them all about. As I reached the turn, a couple of kids – a 7-year old on a training bicycle and a 5-year-old on a tricycle – came pedaling and I managed to avoid them before they barreled into me.


I smiled at them before continuing to walk, where the view of the ocean was already visible. The breeze was strong coming from the ocean, whipping my hair all about, and I pulled my coat tighter around me, tucking my hand into my pocket. Reaching the white concrete railing separating the park from the rocky coast, I placed my Starbucks cup down. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the salty breeze.


It’s been so long.


The strong waves crashed upon the rough rocks, water splashing everywhere and the breeze carrying the water droplets, dispersing them further into air. Before I could get wet any further, I grabbed my cup of latter and sipped on the warm beverage as I walked down the pathway towards a particular bench. 
Glancing at my watch, I was five minutes early from the time that was agreed upon.


I took my time to get there, walking slowly and watching other people at the park. A couple of joggers running past each other and managing a smile to each other. A group of teenage boys racing down the pathway on their skateboards. A young family of three sitting on a bench reading a storybook while munching on some sandwiches. An elderly couple walking hand-in-hand with wide smiles on their faces. Two 6-year-old twin boys teaching their young Siberian husky to play fetch. A couple sitting on the parapet and gazing at the horizon. Finally, I reached the bench and it was unoccupied.


Taking a seat, I placed my bag down and dug through for my book. With my latte seated safely beside my lap, I started reading. Not even five minutes later I noticed a presence to my left. Glancing through my peripheral vision, it was a man, roughly the same age as me, wearing an expensive-looking high-collared black coat with black pants. He had black Ray-Ban shades perched on the bridge of his tall and sharp nose, and he’d been keeping some facial hair for some time. But none of that mattered into identifying the said person – his platinum blonde hair was all the proof I needed.


“You’re late.” 


The man leaned back and chuckled – that wonderful low-tone laugh. Oh, how I’ve missed that.


“I got held back.”


He lifted his hand and took off his shades, slipping them into the inner pocket of his coat. I kept my eyes on my book as he turned around in his seat, hitching his right foot on his left knee and placing his arm on the back of the bench. He reached out and took the book out of my grasp easily, carefully closing it and placing it down on my lap.


I kept my eyes forward, trying my best to keep myself cool despite the weather. His finger grazed my cheekbone and trailed along my jaw before he tucked it under my chin and turned my face towards him. Finally, I looked up at him and I immediately forgot how to breathe.


His face had changed over the two years and the scruffy beard definitely changed his appearance drastically. Despite almost looking like a complete stranger, some things never change. His eyes, his beautiful blue-gray almost silver eyes. Even after such a long time, I can get lost in that stunning abyss for eternity.


And that smirk – that trademark of his that he donned on ever since his childhood days. Of course, at that point of time, I despised him, but right now, a lot has changed and this smirk is what melts me into a puddle every time.


“Oh, I missed you so much.”


His warm breath brushed against my lips for a second as he whispered and before I realized it, he leaned in and took my breath away with his lips. Turning my head slightly for easier access, I felt his hands drape around my body. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing him flushed against my body. As he slipped his tongue past my lips, I tilted my chin higher and let my hand run through his soft blonde locks.


A passionate minute later, I pulled away, gasping for air and finding myself on his lap, while my eyes stay locked on his beautiful silver orbs. He flashed a small pearly smile while trying to regain his breathing and I returned it, reaching up to cradle his face in my hands.


“It’s been too long.”


“Way too long.”


I started pushing against his chest to get off his lap but his arms stayed intact around me. He managed another quick kiss before letting go of me. I sat back down on the bench and tried to recollect myself, running my hand through my hair and brushing my coat from non-existent debris.


As I kept my book back into my purse, I noticed a pair of mahogany John Lobb’s in front of me. I looked up and noticed him standing with a hand extended and warm smile on his lips.


“Shall we have a proper catch-up session over lunch, Miss Granger?”


I smiled at him, slinging my purse and grabbing my forgotten Starbucks cup, and placed my hand in his, letting him pull me up on my feet.


“Of course, we shall, Mr. Malfoy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment