Thursday 1 January 2015

Hello 2015

It is a brand new spankin' year. Everyone is in a jolly and festive mood, celebrating the new year and making new goals and resolutions for 2015. I, for one, am not excluded in this. I remember a year ago, on January 1st, 2014, I made a list of new year resolutions. Or rather, goals. I set myself a list of goals that I wanted to achieve in 2014. Some of it include leading a healthier lifestyle and starting cosplay.

I definitely achieved the latter, but the first... well, its still in progress. Many people don't think of new year's resolutions because they say it just doesn't work out in the end, and I agree. Some don't work out at all, but some still do become true. All in all, I still don't think resolutions work very well with me, because they just don't stick through the end. The year will not be consistent through out - there will be events that may be life-changing and that may just dampen the hopes of achieving the resolutions.

I've decided to just stick with small goals - a short list of goals that I can see myself working towards in this year. Achievable yet challenging goals. And as the year goes by, I'll add more goals to the list because the year could be better than I expected, or the other way around. Whichever way my 2015 decides to go, I will still keep adding on goals because that is just how I continuously improve myself.

As of January 1st of 2015, these are the current set of goals I'm setting myself. The first few goals are undeniable goals, more like milestones actually, and the rest are... well, my personal goals.


  • Graduate from polytechnic + attain a diploma
  • Secure a career in my field of study
  • Enter the 2nd decade of life on a positive note
  • Travel with friends
  • Travel with best friend
  • Visit my aunt's family in Ohio, Cleveland
  • Go clubbing
  • Cosplay two new characters
Well those are a few I can think of right now. Some are plain right ridiculous but some are definitely unavoidable. I'm gonna end this post here with a reminder to self, and maybe to you, who's reading this.

"It is okay to be nervous about the future. It is okay to be anxious about how daunting everything is. Take a deep breath, keep your heart and mind calm and you can do it. Embrace everything with love and everything will be fine. Everything happens for a reason and the future awaits you with great things in store for you. Believe in yourself and you'll pull through."

Here's to a better and less anxious me for 2015. Let's have a blast.

Cheers,
Izzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment